You are here
Habitat Planting at Winters Nature Park - morning event
Join Putah Creek Council and community volunteers to help plant native trees and shrubs along Putah Creek. The new plantings will provide food and shelter to wildlife, and help protect water quality by preventing erosion and filtering runoff.
- We'll work from 9:30 a.m. - noon.
- Putah Creek Council provides all the plants, tools, gloves, and other supplies.
- Dress appropriately for the weather in clothes that can get dirty and closed-toe shoes.
- Rain or shine event - mud boots and ponchos will be supplied if needed.
- Meet at Rotary Park in Winters, on the corner of Railroad Ave and Main Street, and we'll walk to the project site from there.
- Registration link and map with directions are below.
We look forward to working with you!
This event is part of a multi-year project in the Winters Nature Park, wherein community volunteers have been planting native creek-side plants to re-vegetate the newly created flood plain on the recently re-aligned and narrowed channel.