Winter Solstice Event at Winters Nature Park
Come celebrate Winter Solstice, and the beginning of longer daylight hours, with Putah Creek Council. This is a perfect time to commemorate the cycles of Nature by planting native trees and shrubs along Putah Creek. The new plantings will provide food and shelter to wildlife, and help protect water quality by preventing erosion and filtering runoff. Come help us make a difference for generations of people and wildlife to come.
In recognition of the recent school shooting and the changing seasons, we will take some time after the event to celebrate the life, love, and connections to one another that make our lives whole. Anyone is welcome to join us.
- We'll work from 9:30 a.m. - noon.
- Putah Creek Council provides all the plants, tools, gloves, and other supplies.
- Dress appropriately for the weather in clothes that can get dirty and closed-toe shoes.
- Rain or shine event - mud boots and ponchos will be supplied if needed.
- Meet at Rotary Park in Winters, on the corner of Railroad Ave and Main Street, and we'll walk to the project site from there.
- Registration link and map with directions are below.
We look forward to working with you!
Help spread the word