You are here
Dry Creek Habitat Restoration Planting Event Winters
Join Putah Creek Council for the last community volunteer planting day of 2019, Friday December 20, at the confluence of Dry Creek and Putah Creek in Winters. Throughout the restoration effort at this site, we will be planting native grasses, flowering plants, shrubs and trees. Our efforts will help to strengthen the native ecosystem along the creeks that provides valuable nesting, cover, and forage for many wildlife species.
Some of the plugs we will be installing are part of a Xerces-led effort to create more habitat for Monarch butterflies. If you want to participate in a Monarch tracking effort you can check out this link.
To register for this planting event, click the "Register Now" link at the right or below.
- To access this site, we will park at the south end of 3rd St in Winters at ~9:15 AM so we can start at 9:30 AM. It is a short 5 minute walk along an orchard to the restoration site. We will work until noon.
- We provide all the tools and supplies, including gloves (but if you have a pair you trust, by all means bring them).
- Please dress appropriately for the weather in clothes that can get dirty and closed-toe shoes. Don't forget your hat and a personal water bottle! We will have extra water to fill your bottle but bring the bottle!
- If you are under 18, you MUST bring this completed liability form with a parent's signature.
- This event will happen rain or shine! PCC will bring ponchos and mud boots if necessary.
We look forward to working alongside you!