You are here
Habitat Planting at Lake Solano Park
Join Putah Creek Council for a day of planting native trees at Lake Solano Park! We'll be planting cuttings of willows (Salix) and cottonwoods (Populus fremontii), alongside the creek edge to provide wildlife habitat and erosion control. Native plants improve water quality, habitat for birds, small mammals, and beneficial insects, and help prevent soil erosion.
- We provide all the tools and supplies, including gloves (if you have a trusty pair of gloves bring them!)
- We'll be meeting at 12:00 pm at the upper parking lot and work until 3:00 pm.
- Please dress appropriately for the weather in clothes that can get dirty and closed-toe shoes. Don't forget your water bottle!
- If you are under 18, you MUST bring this completed liability form with a parent's signature.
- This event will happen rain or shine! Putah Creek Council will bring ponchos and mud boots if necessary.
Register through the link on the right, and see map with directions below. We look forward to working with you!
Winters, CA 95694