You are here
Tree and Shrub Planting at Lake Solano Park
Join Putah Creek Council on a day of planting native plants at Lake Solano Park! After the LNU Lightning Complex Fire, many slopes in Lake Solano Park's campground were left burned and bare. We will be planting trees, shrubs, and sedges, as well as seeding wildflowers, in the campground area to help revegetate post-fire. Native plants and trees improve water quality, habitat for birds, small mammals, and beneficial insects, and help prevent soil erosion. Join us and get your gloves dirty!
HOW TO REGISTER
Register by clicking the "Register Now" button at the top right or bottom left of this page. All volunteers must register in advance to volunteer for this event.
WHERE TO MEET
Lake Solano Park Day Use Side Upper Parking Lot (See map below). As a courtesy to other volunteers and Putah Creek Council staff, and to help the event run smoothly, please arrive on time.
WHAT TO BRING/WEAR
- Volunteers do not need to pay the $8 vehicle parking fee. Don't forget to pick up a volunteer parking pass from PCC staff.
- Wear long pants, closed-toe sturdy shoes, a hat and sunscreen. We will provide gloves if needed, but feel free to bring your own! All other tools and supplies will be provided.
- Bring a full, refillable water bottle (additional water will be available)
- If you are under 18, you must bring a waiver form, SIGNED by your parent/guardian, to participate in the cleanup. Click here to print the form: Liability waiver and photo release form.
- This event will happen rain or shine! Putah Creek Council will bring ponchos and mud boots if necessary.
Putah Creek Council values the health and safety of our community. We will provide hand sanitizer, sanitized tools, and masks if needed. We ask that you wear a mask during the event and practice social distancing.
Questions? Please contact Karyn Utsumi, Volunteer Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org, (530) 795-9000.