You are here
Putah Creek Cleanup 2015: Winters Cleanup Sites
Meet at Rotary Park in Winters. (See map below)
Volunteers wishing to help collect trash at Lake Solano, in Winters Putah Creek Nature Park, and along Putah Creek Road will meet at the Rotary Park gazebo at 9:00 am. As a courtesy to other volunteers and Putah Creek Council staff, and to help the cleanup run smoothly, please arrive on time.
At Rotary Park, volunteers will sign in, fill out a waiver form, pick up a t-shirt (while supplies last), choose a cleanup site, and gather supplies before heading off to your cleanup site with your Site Captains. All Winters cleanup groups will rendezvous back at Rotary Park at 12:00 noon to report cleanup data, eat a yummy lunch (burritos and watermelon), and possibly win a raffle prize!
Putah Creek Council uses a "bring your own" philosophy to reduce the environmental impact of the cleanup event. We ask that volunteers please bring a pair of lightweight gloves and a bucket or reusable bag for collecting trash. If you are unable to provide these, a limited number of plastic gloves and buckets/bags will be available.
We also strongly recommend that volunteers:
- Wear long pants, closed-toe sturdy shoes, a hat and sunscreen
- Bring a full, refillable water bottle (additional water will be available)
If you are under 18, you must bring a waiver form, SIGNED by your parent/guardian, to participate in the cleanup. Click here to print the form: Liability waiver and photo release form.
So we can order the correct amount of food and supplies, we ask that all volunteers please register to participate in the cleanup (see below).
WINTERS CLEANUP SITES
- Lake Solano (by canoe): Not suitable for children under 14. Using canoes and life jackets provided by Lake Solano Park, volunteers will collect trash along the banks of Lake Solano downstream of the park to the Putah Diversion Dam. Limited to 10 volunteers. Please sign up at the "Lake Solano" link above.
- Winters Putah Creek Nature Park: Suitable for supervised children. Two groups will collect trash along the north and south banks of Putah Creek in the nature park from the car bridge downstream to below I-505.
- Putah Creek Road: Adults only. A lot of the trash that ends up in Winters Putah Creek Nature Park blows in from Putah Creek Road. Two groups of volunteers will collect trash along Putah Creek Road from the car bridge to below I-505.
**Register to volunteer at a Winters Cleanup Site by clicking the "Register Now" buttons at the top right or bottom left of this page! Register for the Lake Solano Site by clicking on the "Lake Solano" link above."
Questions? Please contact Amy Williams, Putah Creek Council Stewardship Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org, (530) 795-3006.
Northstar Parking lot