You are here
Putah Creek Cleanup 2015: Davis Cleanup Sites
Meet at the UC Davis Riparian Reserve Picnic Grounds (Camp Putah). (See map below)
Volunteers wishing to help collect trash at Stevenson Bridge, the UC Davis Riparian Reserve, or Mace Blvd. (City of Davis South Fork Preserve) will meet at the UC Davis Picnic Grounds fire pit at 9:00 am. As a courtesy to other volunteers and Putah Creek Council staff, and to help the cleanup run smoothly, please arrive on time.
At the Picnic Grounds, volunteers will sign in, fill out a waiver form, pick up a t-shirt (while supplies last), choose a cleanup site, and gather supplies before heading off to your cleanup site with your Site Captains. All Davis cleanup groups will rendezvous back at the Picnic Grounds at 12:00 noon to report cleanup data, eat a yummy lunch (burritos and watermelon), and possibly win a raffle prize!
Putah Creek Council uses a "bring your own" philosophy to reduce the environmental impact of the cleanup event. We ask that volunteers please bring a pair of lightweight gloves and a bucket or reusable bag for collecting trash. If you are unable to provide these, a limited number of plastic gloves and buckets/bags will be available.
We also strongly recommend that volunteers:
- Wear long pants, closed-toe sturdy shoes, a hat and sunscreen
- Bring a full, refillable water bottle (additional water will be available)
If you are under 18, you must bring a waiver form, SIGNED by your parent/guardian, to participate in the cleanup. Click here to print the form: Liability waiver and photo release form.
So we can order the correct amount of food and supplies, we ask that all volunteers please register to participate in the cleanup (see below).
DAVIS CLEANUP SITES
- Stevenson Bridge: Not suitable for children under 14. A group of volunteers will collect trash from beneath Stevenson Bridge and along the south bank of Putah Creek.
- UC Davis Putah Creek Riparian Reserve: Suitable for supervised children. Two groups of volunteers will collect trash along both banks of Putah Creek in the Riparian Reserve from Pedrick road to the I-80 overcrossing.
- Mace Boulevard - City of Davis South Fork Preserve: Suitable for supervised children. A group of volunteers will collect trash along both banks of Putah Creek and under the Mace Blvd. overcrossing in the South Fork Preserve.
**Register to volunteer at a Davis Cleanup Site by clicking the "Register Now" buttons at the top right or bottom left of this page!**
Questions? Please contact Amy Williams, Putah Creek Council Stewardship Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org, (530) 795-3006.
Hopkins Rd. and Levee Rd.
Davis, CA 95616