EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Join the coolest creek conservation crew around! Putah Creek Council seeks a part-time Administrative Assistant to work in our Winters office.
As a member of the Putah Creek Council staff team, the Administrative Assistant (AA) reports to the Executive Director and performs a variety of financial, administrative, and office support duties to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the office. The AA performs skilled word processing, and data entry, carries out financial activities, and provides information and service to the public, the Council’s board of directors, and our partners, contractors, vendors, volunteers, members and donors. The AA also helps on a wide variety of Council projects and programs.
1. Financial ~ 35%
• Operate and maintain the Council’s online computerized bookkeeping system (QuickBooks).
• Process accounts receivable and make bank deposits.
• Prepare monthly financial statements.
2. Database ~ 15%
• Help maintain the Council’s contacts database (CiviCRM).
3. Office Duties ~ 15%
• Answer phone and take messages. Greet visitors to the office.
• Handle incoming and outgoing mail.
• Maintain inventory of general office and organization equipment.
• Maintain inventory of Council “products,” and order more when necessary.
• Help maintain office equipment and Council vehicle in good repair and keep required records.
• Purchase office supplies and food/drinks for volunteers.
• Organize and maintain hard copy and computerized filing system and record storage.
• Participate in occasional office cleaning events.
• Perform other duties as assigned to support all programs and projects as requested.
4. Fundraising ~ 15%
• Manage the membership program; send membership renewal reminders and thank-you notes; prepare monthly membership reports.
• Track donations and prepare monthly donor reports.
• Assist with Big Day of Giving (BigDOG) in May.
5. Outreach ~ 10%
• Help maintain and update the Council’s website content.
• Make Council facebook posts and Twitter tweets as needed.
• Maintain the tabling/outreach event supplies box.
• Help with logistics of annual Stewardship Potluck (April).
6. Board Support ~ 5%
• Keep Board Handbook and Board Recruitment Packet/Application current.
• Maintain and distribute Staff and Board contact list.
• Assist board chair with annual board retreat (January).
7. Program Support ~ 5%
• Help staff the annual fall Putah Creek Cleanup as needed.
• Assist with Council education events as needed.
• High School diploma required and two years of relevant work experience preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Good keyboarding skills and ability to type accurately and quickly.
• Experience with QuickBooks bookkeeping desktop or online software (preferred), or general bookkeeping experience and willingness to learn and become proficient at QuickBooks Online.
• Experience with the following software (or willingness to learn and become proficient): Microsoft Windows and Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), online Google applications: Gmail, Calendar and Drive, and Adobe software (Acrobat, Photoshop, and InDesign).
• Experience with, or willingness to learn, website and contact database programs (Drupal and CiviCRM).
• Demonstrated ability to provide high quality customer service.
• Ability to work as part of a “team” as well as independently at times.
• Willingness to work occasional weekday evenings or weekend days, if necessary.
• A valid California driver’s license and good driving record.
The AA must have the mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer and copier; the vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and; the hearing and speech to communicate in person, before groups, and over the telephone. Finger dexterity is needed to use a computer keyboard, calculator, and other standard office equipment. Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, reach, and push and pull drawers open and closed. The AA must also have the ability to climb a step ladder and lift and carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
This is a half-time, non-exempt position for 20 hours per week for six months from date of hire with the intent to continue employment depending on available funding. Main work hours will be during normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm) with the potential for occasional work on weekends or in the evening.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Pay Range: $16.00 - $20.50 per hour (starting pay is commensurate with education, experience and skills)
• Flexible work schedule
• $200/month medical insurance stipend
• Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
• Fidelity Simple-IRA Plan and 3% company match
• Qualified applicants please submit a cover letter and resumé together in one document to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Please no phone calls or walk-ins. Thank you.
• Deadline to submit is 12:00 midnight on Sunday, August 7, 2016.