CreekSpeak Speaker Series
Putah Creek Council runs an annual 6-month series of public talks about the history, culture, and nature of our region called CreekSpeak!
Each year we educate over 100 people about important creek issues. Past topics have included aquatic insects, native fish, farming in the watershed, mercury in Putah Creek, local wildlife, the history of the region, and more.
The 2018 CreekSpeak lineup includes:
- Thursday, May 17: Lower Putah Creek Restoration Planning (Winters)
- Thursday, June 21: Putah Creek Salmon Research & Monitoring (Davis)
- Thursday, July 19: Arundo: A Growing Problem in our Creeks (Winters)
- Thursday, August 16: TBD (Davis)
- Thursday, September 20: Winters Putah Creek Nature Park Extension (Winters)
- Thursday, October 18: Groundwater & Life (Davis)
If you would like to suggest a talk for an upcoming series, please contact us!
Spawning Salmon in Putah Creek: Saturday, November 18, 2017
Nature's Theater for Kids: Explore Putah Creek: October 2017
Past walks, talks, and workshops